Trapunto adds marvelous dimension to quilts and it can be easily accomplished using this water-soluble thread:
- mark a motif on the quilt top
- pin a layer of high-loft batting under the motif
- stitch the two layers together using water-soluble thread in the needle and regular thread in the bobbin
- cut-away the excess batting from the back close to the stitching
- layer and quilt as usual
- wash the completed quilt to dissolve the water-soluble thread
Find out more about the technique on my blog or in my Machine Quilting with Cut-Away Trapunto workshop.
There are no reviews yet.